Thursday, October 11, 2012

"Kobe" Noodles!

So being a student and a chef I love Kobe's Japanese Steak House and more specifically I love their noodles. Being the handy chef I am, I wanted to remake them so I didn't have to go out and pay for them. This obviously isn't the exact method or recipe to make them but this is what I did and they're just as tasty so here's my...

 "Copycat Kobe Noodles".

{i do recipes by eye and taste}

Linguini Noodles
Soy Sauce 
Butter 
Salt & Pepper 
White Onion (small diced)
Garlic (minced)


Instructions

Boil noodles until cooked then drain
Then in a large skillet/pan melt several tablespoons of butter 
Saute onions (until clear)
then add garlic and cook until fragrant 
add noodles and more butter
saute until things start to brown
add about a 1/2 cup of soy sauce (you be the judge)
cook until the soy sauce isn't as potent
Salt & Pepper to taste 
Maybe add more butter (again you be the judge)
Then Enjoy!! :)

4 comments:

  1. My goodness thank you so much this is such a good dish! It's almost like Kobe's Version! The only thing that tasted differently was the intensity of the soy sauce. I would recommend using a bit less for all of you reading this! It was a bit too strong for my liking but other than that, I couldn't tell the difference! THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind! It is the perfect amount of soy sauce! I made a whole-batch of noodles, but only made a half-batch of Kobe's noodles, and tried less soy sauce with the other half-batch, however, the second batch wasn't nearly as flavorful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to make this last night and found it to be very salty, I mean very salty. I had to throw it away because it was so salty. I didn’t add any salt at all. Little did I know I should have bought the low sodium soy sauce. If it hadn’t been for the salt content, I’m sure it would have been great! Gonna try it again with low sodium soy sauce. What brand/type of soy sauce did y’all use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soy sauce uncooked or cooked very little is very salty...however if you let it cook, like for a couple minutes, the saltiness diminishes greatly and you get thst great soy flavor without the heavy salt

      Delete